Signs of Substance Abuse in Seattle, WA
People rarely choose to abuse drugs and become addicted. It is a natural process that often happens without the person realizing it. Treatment is most effective for those who seek help early in their drug and alcohol use, so understanding the signs of substance abuse is paramount. Island Assessment and Counseling offers addiction resources, including information about the signs of substance abuse, for the residents of Bellevue, Issaquah and the surrounding areas in Washington State so that they may better understand addiction and treatment.
What is Substance Abuse?
“Substance abuse” is a phrase that is used to describe a situation in which the use of alcohol and drugs starts to interfere with a person’s life. The person gradually loses interest in activities and relationships, and may eventually suffer the loss of loved ones and their jobs.
Who Can Benefit from Knowing the Signs of Substance Abuse?
Knowing the signs of substance abuse helps you seek treatment for yourself, or a loved one early in the process of falling victim to addiction. If you see the signs of substance abuse in someone, we encourage you to speak with one of our certified addiction counselors to know the best way to manage the situation.
What are the Signs of Substance Abuse?
Addiction is different for each person, but there are some general indications that someone is living with substance abuse.
- Needing the drug routinely
- Being unable to function without drugs or alcohol
- Loss of interest in friends, family, and activities
- Physical symptoms associated with drug use
- Increased visits to the emergency room
- Requiring higher levels of the drug to achieve the same high
- Engaging in illegal activity to obtain the drug or money
- Always needing a supply of the drug
- Engaging in risky behaviors
- Becoming more focused or obsessed with getting and using the drug
- Having withdrawal symptoms when the drug is not available
- Not being able to stop using the drug
How Much Does Alcohol and Drug Treatment Cost in Seattle?
We tailor your treatment program to your personal needs, so the cost varies. Island Assessment and Counseling accepts most insurance plans. We accept cash or credit cards. If you are uninsured or need help with your out-of-pocket expenses, we offer in-house payment plans.
Why Choose Island Assessment and Counseling
Island Assessment and Counseling offers addicts:
- More than 22 years’ experience
- State-approved facility for holistically-based programs
- Staff includes Certified Counselors, Licensed Counselors, and Chemical Dependency Counselors
- Evidence-based practices, such as 12-step, motivational and cognitive behavioral therapy
Noticing signs of substance abuse in yourself or someone you love can mean getting help sooner rather than later. Island Assessment and Counseling, conveniently located in Seattle and Oak Harbor, is a highly-rated counseling center serving the residents of Washington State. Our evidence-based programs help those who need rehab, dual diagnosis treatment and addiction treatment programs. We also offer addiction resources about the signs of substance abuse for families and individuals who want to better understand drug and alcohol addiction. Please contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.