Signs of Drug Abuse in Seattle, WA
One of the first signs of drug abuse is cravings for drugs. Recognizing the signs of drug abuse lets you know when it is time to seek professional treatment. Island Assessment and Counseling offers addiction resources, including information about the signs of drug abuse, for the residents of Seattle, Bellevue, Issaquah and the surrounding areas in Washington State so that they may better understand alcohol abuse and treatment.
What is Drug Abuse?
A person may start recreational drug use, but once the drug takes an emotional and physical hold, recreational use may turn into drug abuse. A person who abuses drugs is at the point of drug cravings and is one step closer to addiction. The body develops a tolerance causing the need for more use and amount of the drug. This is the midpoint of drug dependency and trying to stop may mean experiencing physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms.
What are the Signs of Drug Abuse?
The most common signs of drug abuse are:
- Withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Being focused on finding and using the drug
- Losing interest in friendships, relationships, work and other activities that were once a priority
- Not being able to control your drug use
- Engaging in risky behaviors as a result of drug use or in order to acquire the drug
- Understanding how the drug has a negative impact on a person’s life but not being able to stop
- Buying drugs despite not being able to afford them using rent or food money for drugs
- Participating in illegal activities to get money for drugs or to get drugs
- Using the drug to feel “normal”
What Do I Do If Someone I Know has Signs of Drug Abuse?
When you recognize that someone you know is abusing drugs, you have an insight that the person does not have for themselves. We encourage you to contact us to speak with one of our certified addiction counselors to know the best step to take next.
How Much Does Drug Rehab Cost in Seattle?
Drug abuse affects people of all ages, socioeconomic statuses, and backgrounds. When a person experiences drug abuse, we are here to help. We offer options to make our drug rehab program as affordable as possible. Island Assessment and Counseling accepts most insurance plans. You can pay for your portion of the cost with cash or credit cards. If you are uninsured or need help with your out-of-pocket expenses, we offer in-house payment plans.
Why Choose Island Assessment and Counseling
Island Assessment and Counseling offers addicts:
- More than 22 years’ experience
- State-approved facility for holistically-based programs
- Staff includes Certified Counselors, Licensed Counselors, and Chemical Dependency Counselors
- Evidence-based practices, such as 12-step, motivational and cognitive behavioral therapy
When drug use overtakes your life, you are in the stage of drug abuse, and you need help to stop the cycle and live a sober life. Island Assessment and Counseling, conveniently located in Seattle and Oak Harbor, is a highly-rated counseling center serving the residents of Washington State. Our evidence-based programs help those who need rehab, dual diagnosis treatment and abuse treatment programs. We also offer addiction resources about the signs of drug abuse for families and individuals who want to better understand drug and alcohol abuse. Please contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.